- CDRI’s research cooperation has evolved from national collaborations to include regional research cooperation.
- China’s rapid growth and socioeconomic development has led to significant economic change and its greater involvement and influence in Southeast Asia and global political affairs.
- Cambodia and China lack a platform for academic exchange and thinktank dialogue on the implications of China’s rise and development paradigm for Cambodia’s development.
- The China Studies Centre provides a platform for Cambodia’s and China’s academia and thinktanks to leverage both countries’ foreign policies.
- To become a high capacity, professional and influential centre for China studies in Cambodia
- To provide research resources on China through the Centre’s library
- To raise the profile of CDRI’s China Studies Centre as a major contributor to research and policy dialogue in Cambodia and China
- To conduct high-quality policy research that is relevant to BRI and MLC
- To enhance people-to-people connectivity through policy dialogue and research exchange
Scope of the Centre:
- Resources: sustainable development initiatives and library
- Research: implications of China’s investment and ODA in Southeast Asia in the context of BRI
- Policy dialogue: consultation workshops, policy roundtables, research exchanges
Contact person :
Dr PECH Sokhem
Dr ENG Netra