Cambodia Development Resource Institute (CDRI), Cambodia’s leading independent development policy research institute working to support capacity development within selected government and civil society institutions, is seeking ambitious and highly qualified Cambodian national applicants for the following positions:
Research Associate for the Economics Unit
- Participating in project planning, budgeting, and resource mobilization
- Leading or taking part in identifying and reviewing relevant literature, developing research instruments, analysing data, and writing reports
- Leading the implementation of field work; and the process of data entry, cleaning, and processing
- Participating in coaching and mentoring research assistants; and seeking guidance from experts or research advisers as appropriate
- Taking part in coordinating regional research network and planning and running workshops and conferences
- Taking part in networking, consulting, and partnership building with government counterparts, NGOs, donor agencies and other research institutions in and outside Cambodia
- Master degree in economics, international trade or development study.
- At least two years’ work experiences in research related fields.
- Strong knowledge in quantitative method, econometrics and STATA is a plus.
- Strong organizational skills, some experience in management, research proposal writing, and team work and motivation.
- Ability to plan, set goals and meet deadlines.
- Good research skills, conceptual and analytical capabilities.
- Willingness to carry out fieldwork involving in-country travel to rural areas.
- Good communication skills in English and Khmer, both oral and written.
IT Specialist for IT Unit
The main responsibility is the overall management of IT unit and the supervision of all IT-dependent equipment so that they can function without disruption. The specialist needs to identify and solve all problems in computer hardware and software, network connections and other IT-related issues. In particular, that person must ensure that CDRI’s IT system is well protected from possible hacking and be able to provide clear strategy suggestions to Senior Management.
- Five years experiences working at a senior level in ICT management.
- A track record of individual initiative and a strong commitment to meet the technology needs of a research institution.
- Knowledge of, and familiarity with IT support for research activities and be able to make more improvements to the existing system at CDRI.
- Effective networking and liaison skills.Positive attitude and good team work.
Application letter, detailed CV, sample publications (for Research Associate post) and list of three professional referees (names, positions, e-mail addresses and telephone numbers) must be submitted by 18 June 2018 to the Human Resources and Administration Unit, CDRI, PO Box 622, Phnom Penh, or e-mail: email@example.com.
Further details may be obtained from the CDRI website: http://www.cdri.org.kh
Female applicants are particularly encouraged to apply.
Only short-listed candidates will be notified.
Interns to IT Unit
The Cambodia Development Resource Institute (CDRI), Cambodia’s leading independent development policy research institute, is seeking to recruit two part-time interns to assist in IT unit.
The Interns should be able to work for a minimum of four hours per day, five days a week.
- Cambodian National
- Third or fourth year university students or new graduates in the field of IT or IT related areas
- Good English language and communication skills
- Positive attitudes, commitment to excellence and ability to work in team
- Willing to learn and undertake a variety of duties as required by the supervisor and be flexible in work assignment
Interested applicants are invited to submit their applications along with the names and contact details of two referees knowledgeable about the applicant’s qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to CDRI, #56, St 315, Tuol Kork, Phnom Penh, by 8th June 2018.
Only short-listed candidates will be notified.
Scholarship for PhD Student
Cambodia Development Resource Institute (CDRI) works in partnership with Paññāsāstra University of Cambodia (PUC) and Zürich University of Teacher Education (PH Zürich) to jointly implement the research project entitled “The contribution of vocational skills development to inclusive industrial growth and transformation: An analysis of critical factors in 6 countries”. In addition to research outputs, the project aims to build research capacity of young Cambodian researchers. To achieve this objective, we offer a scholarship to one new full-time PhD student at PUC.
- Implement research activities as instructed by project leader from PH Zürich and project coordinator and post-doctorate researcher from CDRI;
- Participate in identifying and reviewing relevant literature;
- Contribute to the development of research instruments for data collection and analysis;
- Take part in the implementation of field work, data collection, and the process of data entry, cleaning, and processing;
- Contribute to the survey analysis, report writing and publication of results;
- Participate in the meetings of the project steering board (generally over Skype);
- Travel to and stay at research sites in the provinces if necessary.
The scholarship provides:
- Course tuition fees for three years
- An annual allowance at $8,000
- Travel funding for fieldwork and international seminar
- Working station at CDRI
Conditions and Eligibility Criteria
- Cambodian citizenship
- Advanced English proficiency
- Be admitted to a PhD program at PUC
- Minimum 2 years of research experience
- Commitment as a full-time PhD student and researcher
Interested applicants are invited to submit their CV to Dr Ouch Chandarany at email@example.com by 11 April 2018.