INTERN to Agriculture Research Unit
The Cambodia Development Resource Institute (CDRI) – Cambodia’s leading independent development policy research institute is seeking applicants for the position of full-time intern, at the Agriculture Unit. The intern will be exposed to research environment and have the opportunity to learn some research skills. The Intern should be able to work for an eight hours per working day, five days a week in return for a modest stipend, with specific arrangements to be discussed to fit his/her academic schedules.
- Fourth-year student, but a graduate preferred, in the field of agriculture, agricultural economics, development studies or international studies.
- Good communication skills in Khmer and English, both oral and written.
- Positive attitude and good team work.
- Knowledge of office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc), andother data management packages (SPSS, CS-Pro).
- Willingness to undertake a variety of duties as required by the unit head.
Interested applicants are invited to submit their application online to HR and Administration Department of CDRI by: firstname.lastname@example.org or to CDRI office # 56, St 315, Tuol Kork, Phnom Penh, with detailed cover letter and a comprehensive curriculum vitae. Application should reach CDRI by 22nd May 2017.
Female applicants and applicants with disability are particularly encouraged to apply
Only short-listed candidates will be notified.
Opportunities for Researchers
CDRI seeks qualified national applicants for various positions as Researchers in its 6 research programmes – Agriculture, Economics, Education, Environment, Governance and Health.
CDRI researchers are appointed at the level of research assistant, research associate, research fellow or senior research fellow depending on their qualifications and experience. Researchers are responsible for a range of duties, depending on their level of appointment and specific position requirements, including: leading and facilitating a research programme or project(s), contributing to the design of research projects and preparation of proposals, identifying and reviewing relevant literature, contributing to the design, preparation and implementation of surveys, collecting, processing and analysing information and data, and writing reports based on the analyses, and other tasks as required by CDRI.
Researchers are based at CDRI in Phnom Penh, but are on occasions required to travel and stay in provinces and rural communities during fieldwork. Some international travel may also be required.
- Advance degrees in international development economics, environmental/resource Economics, poverty, agriculture and rural development, natural resource management, political science and international relations, or other development related fields (Master Degree required, PhD preferred);
- Conceptual and analytical skills;
- At least two years work experience in research related projects;
- Proven track record of policy-oriented, socio-economic research; economic analysis of natural resource issues; public policy research and development;
- Ability to plan effectively, set goals and meet deadlines;
- Capacity to disseminate the results of research through publications and presentations;
- Good understanding of quantitative/qualitative research methods;
- Good statistics background and familiar with ACCESS and STATA and/or other data management and analytical packages;
- Excellent communication skills in English and Khmer, both oral and written.
CDRI offers competitive salaries and benefits and good working conditions. Appointments are generally for a two-year period, with possibility of extension, but short term opportunities are also often available. Interested applicants are invited to submit their applications online to: email@example.com or by mail to CDRI # 56, St 315, Tuol Kork Phnom Penh, including names and contact details of three (3) professional referees knowledgeable about the candidate’s professional qualifications and recent work experience.
The Cambodia Development Resource Institute (CDRI), Cambodia’s leading independent development policy research institute, is seeking applicants for the position of Intern to assist with the daily work at the Health Unit. The Intern should be able to work for a minimum of 4 hours per working day in return for a modest stipend for of 100 dollars per month for part time.
- Three years of university study completed, preferably in the field of in public health, health economics, social sciences, or a related field other related fields and/or English.
- Good communication skills in English, both oral and written.
- Good personality, work well in a team.
- Good computer skills in Words and Excel programs.
- Willing to undertake a variety of duties as required by the unit head.
Interested applicants are invited to submit their applications online to HR and Administration Department of CDRI by: firstname.lastname@example.org or to CDRI # 56, St 315, Tuol Kork, Phnom Penh, with detailed cover letter and a comprehensive curriculum vitae. Application should reach us by 30th June 2017.
Female applicants are particularly encouraged to apply
Only short-listed candidates will be notified.