Position: Finance Officer
|Application Deadline:||08 Oct 23|
|Days left:||8 days|
CDRI- Cambodia’s leading independent development policy research institute, working to produce high-quality, influential and impactful development knowledge through policy research and capacity development, is seeking Cambodian national applicants for the Finance Officer position in the CDRI Finance Unit.
The Finance Officer is responsible for assisting the Finance Manager in managing the accounting systems, monitoring income, expenditures, and day-to-day operations, and conducting the donor’s financial reporting by project and resources of the Institute. Furthermore, the position is responsible for finance-related activities to support the achievement of CDRI’s mission and strategic objectives.
The Finance Officer’s work and responsibility in the overall project tasks on specific Centres’ operation, Accounting System and centres financial report by project donor, project partner and budget plan and other assignments.
- Implement and monitor financial policies and procedures in compliance with CDRI policy and manuals and follow donor and government requirements when applicable.
- Ensures the safe and timely filing of financial documents, including complete and accurate supporting documentation, for easy reference and clear audit trails.
- Maintain and upgrade CDRI ’s computerised accounting system (work as a team)
- Be secured all systematic financial balances, reconciled monthly, and those un-reconciled items are consistently followed up
- Ensures the appropriate and timely processing of CDRI’s financial transactions, including securing supporting documentation's correctness, completeness, and accuracy.
- Development, maintenance and upgrade of CDRI ’s computerised accounting system;
- Work closely with the unit head and program staff to ensure convergence of budgets and actual activities by providing feedback on any variances between the approved budget and actual income and expenditures
- Check and review all payment PV /advance/clearance and reimbursement supporting documents before submitting to FM
- Other related tasks assigned by FM
Project Financial Reporting
- Prepare updated and accurate financial reports for the Institution and partners/donors as required.
- Review the partners’ financial reports, both local and international, with proper supporting documents
- Prepare the consolidated partners’ financial reports such as fund transfer, expenditure, accounts receivable and accounts payable.
- Prepare regular internal monthly/Quarterly financial reporting as required
- Facilitates external audits in accordance with CDRI and donor requirements.
- Conduct regular internal control audits at CDRI as required.
- 5 years of accounting experience working with an international organisation, dealing with international development partners and donors (e.g., USAID, IDRC….)
- A degree in accounting or other finance-related disciplines or professional accounting qualification (e.g., BA/MBA).
- Excellent computer skills with good working knowledge in financial and accounting applications: QuickBooks, Excel Advance, Outlook, etc.
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control procedures.
- Ability to analyse and interpret financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and/or projections.
- Good communication skills in Khmer and English are necessary.
Benefits package: CDRI provides a competitive remuneration package to staff commensurate with qualifications and experience. In addition to an attractive salary, we offer a package of benefits.
For further details about this post and CDRI, please refer to the CDRI website: http://www.cdri.org.kh. Application letter, detailed CV, and list of three professional referees (names, position, e-mail addresses, and telephone numbers) must be received by the HR and Administration Unit, CDRI, P.O. Box 622, Phnom Penh Cambodia, or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org by 08 October 2023.
Female applicants are encouraged to apply. Only short-listed candidates will be notified.
Centre for Educational Research and Innovation
|Application Deadline:||01 Oct 23|
|Days left:||1 day|
- Assist the centre in conducting literature review;
- Assist the centre in collecting qualitative and quantitative data;
- Assist in the transcribing of interview data and writing up interview notes;
- Assist the centre with the liaison with relevant government agencies and other local and international partners;
- Provide the research team with general administrative and logistic support in their fieldwork or as required by centre director and/or by assigned researchers;
- Assist in the organisation of both virtual and in-person meetings and workshops; and
- Take part in artwork design for communicating research findings.
- Senior students or recent university graduates, preferably in the field of education, media, and communication, or a related field;
- Good communication skills in Khmer and English, both oral and written;
- Positive attitudes, commitment to excellence, and ability to work in team and independentl;
- Basic understanding of qualitative and quantitative research methods;
- Knowledge and skills in graphic design are an advantage;
- Ability to use Microsoft Office applications (Words, Excel, PowerPiont, and Outlook), and preferably familiarity with design programs such as Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.
- Keen interest in social research related to education;
- Full-time commitment to work in this position for a minimum of six months.
- Participation in CDRI’s professional development training program;
- Being part of a highly dynamic and innovative team;
- Potential opportunities to pursue post-graduate studies at CDRI’s partner universities abroad;
- A pathway to research career (e.g., applying for a full-time position of research assistant) at CDRI; and
- A monthly stipend of USD200.
Interested applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and detailed CV to CDRI at https://t.ly/rBnTg by 01 October 2023.
Female applicants and applicants with disabilities are particularly encouraged to apply.
Only short-listed candidates will be notified.