Position: Research Associate/Fellow
Centre for Development Economics and Trade
|Application Deadline:||31 May 22|
|Days left:||10 days|
CDRI—Cambodia’s leading independent development policy research institute, is seeking ambitious and highly qualified Cambodian national researcher for the position of Research Associate/Fellow to be based at the Centre for Development Economics and Trade.
- Lead, design and implement research projects
- Review relevant literature, provide technical input on methodology and conceptualisation
- Take part in data analysis and report writing
- Lead or take part in writing proposals for funding
- Lead the implementation of field work and data management (dat entry and cleaning)
- Participate in coaching and mentoring of junior researchers
- Monitor progress and quality of research outputs
- Read and comment on final outputs, take ownership and responsibility for dissemination of research findings
- Participate in project planning, budgeting and staffing of the centre
- Take part in networking and consultation with all relevant partners, including the government counterparts, NGOs, donor agencies and other research institutions in and outside Cambodia.
- Postgraduate degree in development economics with a focus on trade/international economics. MA/PhD or equivalent is preferred, and female applicants are encouraged to apply
- Sound analytical grasp of social development issues affecting Cambodia and the region
- Demonstrated record in publication using quantitative research design
- Experience in using statistical software (e.g., Stata, R, SPSS) to manage complex data and to conduct quantitative analysis
- Comprehensive understanding of socioeconomic and trade development in Cambodia and the region
- Demonstrated management ability, strong organizational skills, and experience working with and motivating a team
- Strong communication skills, experience in mentoring, and commitment to professional development of researchers
- Demonstrated experience in multi-stakeholder policy and research coordination
- Experience in research grant proposal writing is a plus
- Excellent communication skills in English and Khmer, both oral and written.
Application letter, detailed CV, sample publications and list of three professional referees (names, post and e-mail addresses and telephone numbers) must be received by the HR and Administration Unit, CDRI, P.O. Box 622, Phnom Penh Cambodia, or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org by 31 May 2022.
Female applicants are particularly encouraged to apply. Only short-listed candidates will be notified.
Position: Communication and Design Intern
Cambodia Development Resource Institute
|Application Deadline:||12 Jun 22|
|Days left:||22 days|
Cambodia Development Resource Institute (CDRI)-Cambodia's leading independent development policy research institute, is seeking a full time Communication and Design Intern to help carry out communication and design work at CDRI.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Assist Communication Officer in developing effective communications strategies;
- Write effective and professional social media content;
- Produce printed and digital marketing works to distribute to the public and share on CDRI's social media platforms and website;
- Regularly manage CDRI's social media platforms and website;
- Study and monitor recent marketing campaigns and tools;
- Plan, write and manage monthly and quarterly newsletter;
- Assist with general administrative tasks as needed.
Qualifications and requirements
- Undergraduate or graduate student in communications, marketing, advertising, digital media, graphic design, journalism, public relations, or related field;
- Planning, marketing content drafting, graphic designing, social media management and coordination;
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Some experiences with managing social media platforms (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube etc.);
- Excellent on Microsoft Office and at least intermediate on Adobe InDesign, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Canva, Prezi, and other related designing and editing software; and
- Excellent in Khmer and English writing and communication skills.
Interested applicants are invited to submit Curriculum Vitae, artwork portfolio and a cover letter stating motivation and qualification to HR and Administrative Department of CDRI via email@example.com or via hard copy at CDRI office address: #56, Street 315, Toul Kork, Phnom Penh. Deadline for application is 12 June 2022.
Female applicants and applicants with disabilities are particularly encouraged to apply.
Only short-listed candidates will be notified.