CDRI works to produce independent, objective, high quality policy-relevant development research, to maximise its accessibility to policy makers, influencers and stakeholders and to have it affect policy in five interrelated areas that are key for Cambodia’s sustainable development:
- Policy Research in Agriculture and Rural Development
- Development Economics and Trade
- Educational Research and Innovation
- Natural Resource and Environment
- Governance and Inclusive Society
CDRI undertakes its programmes and projects in partnership with Cambodian government institutions and their international development partners, other research and tertiary education institutions and civil society organisations. It disseminates its research knowledge and products through a number of communication strategies: conferences, workshops, seminars, broadcast media, print media, library collection and information sharing, small group communication and interpersonal communication.
CDRI is located in the suburb of Tuol Kork, Phnom Penh, Cambodia. At end of December 2020, it has 71 staff including management, professional and technical staff, administrative and support staff, all of them are Cambodian. It has a strong commitment to the capacity development and professional skills of its staff, many of whom, after being trained at CDRI, go on to contribute to other Cambodian and international organisations involved in their country’s development.
CDRI is leading policy research institute in development working to contribute to a peaceful and prosperous future for Cambodia and its region.
Our mission is to produce high quality, influential and impactful development knowledge through policy research and capacity development to contribute to the prosperity of Cambodia and its region.
Our Core Values
- Independence, honesty and integrity
- Transparency and accountability to our partners, stakeholders and clients
- Excellence in research quality, research products, and policy influencing
- Good governance, sustainability, and institutional strengthening
- An inclusive and supportive workplace culture that values each individual’s contribution and wellbeing of our staff and their professional development
- Service and respect for Cambodia’s history, culture and the wellbeing of its people