Contribution of Vocational Skills Development to Inclusive Industrial Growth and Transformation: An Analysis of Critical Factors in Cambodia (Skills for Industry)
The project is implemented in two phases. Phase 1 focuses on the demand side of the labour market in garments, electronic and electrical assembly, and food processing industries. It aims at understanding the linkages between company growth and transformation as well as vocational skills development. Phase 2 is devoted to studying on the supply side including VSD providers and policy makers.
Specifically, this study has the following objectives:
- To identify skills shortages and their effects on a firms’ operations and growth;
- To verify whether VSD programs are a remedy to cope with the skills shortages;
- To identify the effects of VSD programs on companies’ growth and transformation;
- To quantify the impacts of increment in skilled labour supply on Cambodia’s labour market, economy, and social welfare; and
- To explore possible policy implications.